The Important Reasons Why You Shouldn't Skip Your Biannual Cleaning
Even though you take care of your teeth and maintain excellent oral health, it’s vital to have routine dental exams and thorough cleanings. At Cranston Dental Group, we detect indications of cavities and periodontal disease during your visit. If these signs are found in the beginning stages, they can often be addressed without trouble. But if more serious conditions go undetected, it might lead to huge concerns, like tooth loss.
Biannual teeth cleanings give our Cranston, RI hygienists the chance to eradicate buildup and tartar and polish your enamel to create a brighter smile. Allow us to help you boost your dental wellness with family dental care. The ADA (American Dental Association) advises kids, teens, and older patients to have their teeth cleaned professionally at least twice every year. For patients with rescinding or current gum disease or those who wear metal orthodontics, more frequent dental cleanings could be imperative.
What to expect at a dental cleaning
During your first exam at Cranston Dental Group, our professionals will first assess your oral structures. Next, our team will take a dental x-ray to identify whatever problems we may not see with the naked eye. In the event that we notice any complications, we will create a personalized treatment plan for you. Tooth decay is usually fixed before your teeth cleaning, while other more serious procedures could call for another visit to our Cranston, RI dental office. Throughout your cleaning, we will remove any tartar on the teeth with advanced dental instruments. The moment your teeth and gums are free of bacteria, your enamel is polished, which gets rid of any discoloration. Our talented hygienists can give tips to our patients regarding the ways to properly clean their teeth from home.
Reasons not to skip your professional cleaning
At Cranston Dental Group, our team believes there are countless reasons why you shouldn't forgo a twice-yearly dental cleaning, like:
- Preventing cavities: Getting your teeth polished every six months allows us to detect tooth decay early on. If you don't see a dentist for a long time, this decay will spread throughout the tooth, and we might not be able to preserve it. This instance will require a crown or another restoration.
- Addressing periodontal disease in its early phases: If periodontal disease is not treated, it could cause worn down gums, jawbone loss, and loose teeth. If you have inflamed or bleeding gum tissues, schedule an exam at our Cranston, RI facility for gum disease detection.
- Maintaining the beauty of your smile: Biannual cleanings allow your teeth to stay as bright as possible. At your dental exam, we polish your teeth to make them look bright.
- Fresh breath: Routine cleanings help keep halitosis at bay since they get rid of plaque buildup, which might be the primary reason for persistent bad breath.
- Getting an oral pathology diagnostic: At your exam, we will assess your oral structures (such as the lips, tongue, mouth, and even lymph nodes) to look for indications of an irregularity. When caught immediately, oral cancer can be taken care of without much hassle.
- Making sure your health is in good shape: Your dental wellness may harm your overall health. Progressive gum disease may also result in cardiovascular complications. Regular dental care has been exhibited to reduce your odds of stroke.
- Saving money on treatments: When you take care of oral health problems immediately, they could be treated using quick approaches. But if you delay dental care, you could need more expensive and invasive therapies.
Set up a professional cleaning to improve your dental wellness
Make sure your smile is in good condition when you get biannual teeth cleanings at Cranston Dental Group. Our general care office in Cranston, RI performs preventive care to address tooth decay prevention and lower your odds of ending up with periodontal disease.