Some Reasons Why Yearly Exams are Vital for Your Dental Wellness
Multiple individuals may doubt if seeing a dentist twice every year is really required for their dental wellness. However, it's a widely known fact that without routine oral assessments and teeth cleanings, your dental health and your overall health could be negatively affected. At Cranston Dental Group, routine visits help with diminishing your risk of developing gum disease with tooth decay prevention. Our Cranston, RI dental practitioners believe that to take care of your teeth, you should visit our dental care office no less than twice each year.
Steps taken during a dental evaluation?
Throughout a dental exam at Cranston Dental Group, we evaluate your neck, upper face, jaw area, and lymphatic tissue. The rest of your dental exam may consist of:
- Checking your gum tissues for signs of gum disease
- Assessing for any fractured or missing teeth
- Assessing your jaw alignment
- Looking for indications of throat or mouth cancer
- Detecting damage to existing dental fillings
- Administering a 3D x-ray
At our Cranston, RI practice, we use digital x-rays to get a better view of each individual's dental health. In the event that oral problems are addressed soon, you reduce your need for more expensive or extensive treatments in the future. After your dental exam, our skilled hygienists will perform a dental cleaning. A cleaning is as crucial as an oral exam because it keeps your enamel and gum tissues in good condition and reduces the risks of contracting tooth decay or periodontal disease.
Reasons why yearly oral exams are crucial for your dental wellness
Ultimately, there are a number of plus sides to having an oral exam annually, including:
- Taking care of periodontal disease as soon as possible
- Treating mouth or throat cancer soon
- Identifying minor oral wellness conditions quickly
- Treating teeth clenching
- Identifying other wellness troubles
- Showing you efficient oral upkeep practices
- Monitoring your jaw or alignment for irregularities
- Making sure your teeth and gums are clean
Find out more regarding the positive impacts of getting oral exams
At Cranston Dental Group, we urge people in Cranston, RI to schedule yearly dental exams. This lets our knowledgeable oral care staff diagnose and treat oral health conditions soon before they can turn more serious. If dental health concerns are left untreated, they can harm your total health. While putting off a dental exam might not initially seem important, dental wellness complications, such as periodontal disease, can develop and progress rapidly. To book a comprehensive exam, reach out to our knowledgeable team as soon as you can.